Current Job Opening
FLIGHT DYNAMICS ENGINEER
FLIGHT DYNAMICS ENGINEER
AZ OR WY, USA
EchoStar Satellite Services LLC, and EchoStar Company, provides advanced satellite communications solutions to meet the needs of media & broadcast organizations, enterprise customers, U.S. government service providers, and military applications. From video distribution, data communications and backhaul services to the delivery of television channels for direct-to-home satellite providers and broadcasters, we bring reliable and innovative solutions to the satellite industry.
EchoStar Satellite Services in Gilbert, AZ OR Cheyenne, WYFlight Dynamics Engineer who will plan, support, execute, and oversee flight dynamics and spacecraft subsystem operations.
Operations to include spacecraft commanding and station keeping activities according to scheduled and dynamic operational requirements; perform trending and analysis of spacecraft health data, prepare reports, and communicate status of spacecraft, projects, and operational activities to all levels of the organization while focusing on customer service; conduct and manage activities to increase team and personal job skills and professional knowledge.
- Oversees, plans, executes, and monitors spacecraft maneuvers. Performs maneuver reconstruction, orbit determination, and develops long-term operating strategies. Directs the planning and execution of spacecraft orbital relocation operations, as necessary..
- Performs 24x7 on-call operations on a rotating basis. Responds to anomalies, provides initial direction to controllers, initiates and leads anomaly resolution efforts.
- Manages, evaluates quality, and optimizes spacecraft procedures, tools, and the processes needed for efficient execution of operational activities.
- Applies experience and professional judgment to evaluate, create, and implement innovative strategies to support dynamic operational needs.
- Conceptualizes, develops, and reviews new processes, methods, scripts, and other tools used by both the engineering and operations teams.
- Supports new spacecraft development efforts. Analyzes design review documentation to verify operational requirements are satisfied, participates in ground testing of new spacecraft, supports orbit raising activities, and manages in-orbit test and evaluation activities.
Other duties to include:
- Plans, coordinates, and implements engineering activities and schedules to support controller, management, and corporate requirements
- Investigates and analyzes long- and short-term spacecraft performance trends. Manages and approves criteria used for monitoring all spacecraft subsystems.
- Re-enforces situational awareness of spacecraft operational activities, broadcast operations, company objectives, and advances in the space and broadcast media industry.
Facilitates and guides professional and technical development of junior team members.Researches, develops, and presents advanced training materials to meet team and organization requirements.
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in engineering or physics from a four-year college or university
- Five to eight years of flight dynamics and/or spacecraft operations experience
- Must be U.S. person (e.g., U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident) as position requires access to U.S. export restricted materials.
- Ability to fulfill a 24x7 on-call rotation and respond onsite within 30 minutes.
- Flight dynamics or operations experience with Space Systems Loral FS1300 or Lockheed Martin A2100 spacecraft highly desired
- Experience with Kratos ISI EPOCH TT&C / OASYS, MATLAB, and AGI STK software a plus
- General or specialized knowledge of one or more of the following spacecraft systems and subsystems: Attitude, Propulsion, Power, Data Handling, Thermal, Mechanism, and Payload.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret business periodicals, technical procedures, or government policy. Able to write reports, correspondence, and operations procedures .
- Attention to detail, pro-active and confident personality with good communication skills.
- Able to work in a multi-team environment
If you are confident, please forward your recent resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (No Third Party Please)